Tag Archive 南京桑拿论坛

Governor Signs Holden Bill to Fund Domestic Violence Shelters

admin no comments

first_img Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Make a comment EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Name (required)  Mail (required) (not be published)  Website  Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPasadena Water and PowerPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Assemblymember Chris Holden’s AB 139 which strengthens penalties that abusers are required to pay to ensure more funding for Domestic Violence Shelters was signed into law by Governor Brown today.“I am grateful to the Governor for signing this important bill that will help make resources available to women and children fleeing violent situations,” said Assemblymember Holden (D-Pasadena). “The nation’s first modern, women’s shelter opened in my district in Pasadena, in 1964 offering a refuge for women who had been physically and emotionally abused. Fully funding domestic violence shelters such as Haven House is critical and provides a safety net for those who live in fear.”AB 139 clears up a technicality in order to provide more funds for local domestic violence shelters. The bill stipulates that those convicted of domestic violence must pay a minimum $500 fee – not a fine – after they are granted probation. This clarification is important because it would clear up confusion over the $500 payment and ensure funding for local domestic violence programs.AB 139 unanimously passed both Houses and received support from domestic violence shelters throughout the state, as well as various women’s organizations.“The Partnership and all our statewide members are thrilled at the passage of AB 139,” said Kathy Moore, the Partnership’s interim executive director. “This much-need legislation will ensure that local domestic violence centers get the funding they need to continue their life-saving work. We thank Assembly Member Holden for his vision and leadership in bringing this bill forward.”AB 139 goes into effect January 1, 2014. Community News Herbeauty10 Easy Tips To Help You Reset Your Sleep ScheduleHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyIs It Bad To Give Your Boyfriend An Ultimatum?HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyThe Biggest Signs You Want To Be With Your Girlfriend ForeverHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty8 Easy Exotic Meals Anyone Can MakeHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyYou Can’t Go Past Our Healthy Quick RecipesHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyAmazing Sparks Of On-Screen Chemistry From The 90-sHerbeautyHerbeauty Top of the News center_img Subscribe First Heatwave Expected Next Week Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Business News Government Governor Signs Holden Bill to Fund Domestic Violence Shelters Published on Monday, August 26, 2013 | 2:36 pm Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena 12 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it More Cool Stuff Community Newslast_img read more

Di Canio backed by former chairman

admin no comments

first_img Former Swindon chairman Jeremy Wray also described David Miliband’s decision to quit as Sunderland’s vice-chairman and non-executive director in response to Di Canio’s past political statements as a “sad knee-jerk response”. Di Canio has admitted to having fascist leanings, telling Italian news agency ANSA in 2005: “I am a fascist, not a racist.” Wray, who appointed the 44-year-old as Town boss in May 2011, does not think the outspoken views will conflict with Di Canio’s attempts to keep Sunderland in the Barclays Premier League. He told BBC Radio Five: “It is a sad knee-jerk response. I doubt David Miliband has ever met Paolo Di Canio. I’ve known him for two years. I don’t think politics was ever discussed once.” He continued: “Paolo will have many strong views. He probably has a strong view on whether Italy should be in the Euro, gay marriage or the endangered Siberian tiger, but I doubt if it’s really relevant to keeping Sunderland in the Premiership. “I think anybody’s political views and their private views – as long they’re private and how they conduct themselves away from their job – are pretty irrelevant. Nothing of that was ever discussed during his time at Swindon. He was focused on success for us and that’s what he’ll do for Sunderland.” Sunderland dismissed O’Neill on Saturday evening following the club’s 1-0 home defeat against league leaders Manchester United. That result left the Black Cats without a win in eight games and just a point clear of the relegation zone. With seven games remaining, Di Canio faces a fight to keep Sunderland in the top flight but Wray believes the former West Ham, Lazio and Celtic striker will be a roaring success on Wearside. “He will galvanise the team. He is passionate; he eats, sleeps and drinks it. He is full on 24 hours a day and will be focused on the last seven games of the season,” he said. “The Sunderland fans who are nervous now and are doubting the appointment should have no fears and trust what I saw in him is what (Sunderland chairman) Ellis Short will have seen in him as someone who is committed to the job.” Wray added: “There was no doubt that when he was at Swindon he was cutting his teeth in management, but I can assure you I think he’s ready for the step up. He’s learnt a lot, he’s very intelligent, he’s a quick learner and he’s his own biggest critic. He’ll have seen where he’s gone wrong in the past and I think it’s a really astute appointment.” Paolo Di Canio will “galvanise” Sunderland, according to the man who gave the controversial Italian his first chance in management.center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Iowa Dems Push “Virtual” Caucus Attendance for 2020 Elections

admin no comments

first_imgDES MOINES, Iowa – A 30-day public comment period is underway in Iowa to find out how Democratic voters feel about using “virtual” caucuses in the next presidential primary.Iowa’s nominating contest traditionally kicks off the presidential primary season, and has sometimes been criticized for a lack of accessibility. Iowa Democratic Party Chairman Troy Price says virtual caucuses would create an option to vote by phone or on a digital “smart” device.“They just have to dial in, use the information that is provided when they sign up, and they’ll be able to dial in and participate in the caucus, and press up to five choices for president, their rank for presidential preference,” says Price.Price says the change would modernize the candidate selection process. The 30-day comment period ends March 13. It would also need by approval from the party’s state central committee and the Democratic National Committee.The Iowa Democratic precinct caucuses are scheduled for February 3, 2020.The Democratic National Committee has given itself a mandate to make its caucuses more accessible. Right now, only those who attend an Iowa caucus in person can vote. Price says there are nearly 1,700 precincts across Iowa, and thinks a more efficient system is overdue.“There is no excuse needed to participate in a virtual caucus,” says Price. “So this gives folks who just have not had that opportunity in the past – single parents who can’t find childcare, people with mobility issues, people with disabilities – this gives them an opportunity to have their voice heard in the process.”If adopted, Iowa’s Democratic Party members would choose either in-person or virtual participation, but not both. The first 2020 primary takes place in New Hampshire in early February of that year, after the Iowa caucuses.last_img read more

Virginia Tech massacre news spreads quickly; network stars head south

admin no comments

first_imgNEW YORK — A student’s shaky cell phone video with the sound of multiple gunshots was the most memorable early depiction of the horror at Virginia Tech Monday as television networks covered the sickening news. TV networks rushed to get reporters and anchors to the scene of what at first appeared to be a single shooting death, then unfolded into the worst gun massacre in the nation’s history. A video shot by student Jamal Albarghouti appears unremarkable to the eye, with police officers at the end of a parking lot standing, guns drawn, outside a campus building. But the sound _ bang! bang! bang! _ captured what was going on. Albarghouti told CNN that he at first believed he was happening upon the investigation of a bomb threat. There had been several on campus in recent weeks, he said. “After a minute when I reached the area where I took the video from, I saw cops with guns and they were asking everyone to lay down or leave really quickly,” he said. “I knew it wasn’t another bomb threat. I knew it was something way more serious.” Cable news networks covered the story continuously Monday afternoon. Broadcast networks also broke into regular programming several times, including when President Bush made a statement and Virginia Tech authorities held a news conference. Anchors Katie Couric of CBS News and Brian Williams of NBC rushed to Blacksburg, Va., to originate their evening newscasts there. Wary of travel troubles due to the Atlantic nor’easter, ABC’s Charles Gibson held back and planned to head south after the news. CBS expanded its evening news to an hour, NBC planned a “Dateline NBC” special on the shootings in prime-time and ABC was expanding “Nightline.” CNN’s “Larry King Live” put off its celebration Monday of King’s 50th year in broadcasting to cover the story. “This is a story that has really shocked the nation,” said CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. He stood before a video wall that displayed several still pictures of the aftermath. Fox News Channel, at the bottom of its screen, flashed a timeline of the shootings. ABC’s Web site helped to gather eyewitness accounts and also served as a message board to help Virginia Tech students and parents keep track of their loved ones. The Web site posted links to social sites like Facebook where students were trying to watch out for one another, said Michael Clemente, ABC News senior executive producer for digital media. “We can tell a story with this kind of depth and complexity faster than we have ever been able to,” he said. “I don’t think we could have had this kind of info in 12 or even 24 hours, before.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

Mamata is totally against me and Gorkhaland, Bimal Gurung tells Supreme Court

admin no comments

last_img

Ex-top cop of Mumbai joins BJD

admin no comments

last_img

Haryana to take five monuments in Nuh under State protection

admin no comments

last_img

A Shocker: US Beaten by France 89-79 in World Cup Quarters (Video)

admin no comments

first_imgDONGGUAN, China — No gold. No medal. No more winning streak.The U.S. reign atop international basketball has ended — this time, thwarted by France at the World Cup.For the first time since 2006, the U.S. sent NBA players to a major international tournament and won’t win gold. Evan Fournier scored 22 points, Rudy Gobert had 21 points and 16 rebounds and France beat the U.S. 89-79 in the World Cup quarterfinals on Wednesday, rallying from a seven-point fourth-quarter deficit to pull off the upset.“Any loss hurts,” U.S. coach Gregg Popovich said. “And in this situation, it hurts more. But life goes on. This is very important and we would have loved to have won … but we’re all grown, we all have families and lives and life goes on.”The U.S. had won 58 consecutive tournament games in FIBA and Olympic competition, starting with the bronze-medal game at the 2006 world championships and continuing through every FIBA Americas, World Cup and Olympics event since. It was bidding to become the first nation to win three consecutive World Cups, after winning three straight Olympic golds in that span.The best the Americans can do now in China is finish fifth, and they’re assured of their worst finish in a big tournament with NBA players since placing sixth at the 2002 world championships. They’re going home with a berth in the 2020 Olympics secured but no medal. Donovan Mitchell scored 29 points for the U.S., all of them coming in the first three quarters. The Americans came up scoreless on six consecutive possessions down the stretch, the drought that allowed the French to take control of a back-and-forth game for the final time.“Just got to take it like a man at this point,” U.S guard Kemba Walker said. “We lost. There’s nothing we can do. We competed. We’ve been competing since day one that we got to training camp. But we gave it everything we’ve got. I know we’re Team USA and things of that nature and they’ve been winning for a lot of years, but you know, we didn’t get a chance to pull it off.”France’s Mathias Lessort, center keeps the ball from United States’ Marcus Smart at right during a quarterfinal match for the FIBA Basketball World Cup in Dongguan in southern China’s Guangdong province on Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019. France defeated United States 89-79. (AP Photo/Ng Han Guan)Nando De Colo scored 18 for France. The French held the U.S. to 4 for 15 shooting in the fourth quarter — and benefited from the Americans going 4 for 11 from the foul line in the final 10 minutes.“We came here to win gold,” Gobert said. “We knew it wasn’t going to be easy. A lot of people counted us out, but we got the win.”Gobert said beating the Americans wasn’t the goal — winning gold is.“It doesn’t mean anything if you don’t win in the end,” Gobert said.France was up 10 early in the second half. The U.S. went on a 31-14 run over the next 10 minutes to go up by seven. And then the French responded with a 15-2 run over the next five minutes, going up 82-76 on a long jumper by Frank Ntilikina with 2:05 left.Mitchell had a chance to get the U.S. within two with about a minute left, driving against Gobert — but the Utah center read what the Utah guard was going to do perfectly, swatting the try away.“We beat the U.S., and that’s huge, but we haven’t won anything yet,” France’s Nicolas Batum said.France had been 0-9 against the U.S. in major international play, most of those outcomes one-sided affairs. But the last meeting between the nations was only a 100-97 U.S. win at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics three years ago, and France returned three players — Gobert, De Colo and Batum — who got minutes in that game.None of the U.S. players who played that afternoon in Rio is on this year’s World Cup team.France outrebounded the U.S. 21-12 in the first half, Gobert found his way to the line 10 times in the game’s first 20 minutes and the Americans went into the break trailing 45-39. The U.S. had trailed for 8:25 in their first five games combined — and trailed for 11:24 in the first half alone on Wednesday.France’s coach Vincent Collet gestures during a quarterfinal match against United States for the FIBA Basketball World Cup in Dongguan in southern China’s Guangdong province on Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019. France defeated United States 89-79. (AP Photo/Ng Han Guan)Fournier’s layup with 7:33 left in the third gave France a 53-43 lead, and that’s when Mitchell got going.He had 14 points in the third quarter, and his dunk with 2:40 left pulled the U.S. into a 60-60 tie. Marcus Smart made three free throws after getting fouled by Gobert to put the U.S. back on top, and the Americans took a 66-63 lead into the fourth.But they couldn’t finish it off.“At the end of the day, you’ve got to tip your cap to them,” U.S. guard Joe Harris said. “They outplayed us. They deserved to win. We certainly didn’t deserve to win that game.”TIP-INSFrance: Gobert played the first 12:26. The longest he went before getting his first break in a Jazz game last season was 11:30. … Ntilikina scored 11 for France. … The U.S. didn’t turn the ball over at a very high rate — 11 times — but France converted those giveaways into 22 points.U.S.: Smart scored 11 and Walker had 10 for the U.S. … Before Mitchell’s offensive outburst Wednesday, the previous single-game scoring high for any U.S. player at this World Cup was Jaylen Brown’s 20-point game against Japan in the opening group round. … Jayson Tatum (sprained left ankle) missed his fourth consecutive game.LAUDING FRANCEPopovich had the highest praise for France and coach Vincent Collet. “It’s the best French team I’ve seen, because they play on both ends of the court,” Popovich said.OLYMPIC BERTHSAustralia’s win over the Czech Republic in the other quarterfinal on Wednesday gave France something else to celebrate — an Olympic berth. Spain and France are assured of being the top two World Cup finishers from Europe, earning them automatic spots into the field for the 2020 Tokyo Games.Others qualified so far: the U.S., Nigeria, Iran, Australia, Argentina and Japan. The last four spots in the 12-team field will be decided next year.UP NEXTFrance: Faces Argentina in semifinals at Beijing on Friday.U.S.: Faces Serbia in consolation round at Dongguan on Thursday.By: Tim Reynolds, AP Basketball WriterTweetPinShare0 Shareslast_img read more

Justin Gilbert Wrecks Car in Road Rage Incident

admin no comments

first_imgAccording to a police report released yesterday, former Oklahoma State defensive back Justin Gilbert crashed his dodge challenger into a drainage ditch in Brunswick following a road rage incident.Apparently, Gilbert and a 55-year old male ‘exchanged middle finger gestures’ and when they both came to a stop, Gilbert tossed a dip cup full of tobacco juice out the window and it landed on the man’s windshield.The 55-year old man was said to be chasing Gilbert and “driving like a maniac” according to the police report.Either way, not a good look J-Gil.AdChoices广告[ESPN Cleveland] While you’re here, we’d like you to consider subscribing to Pistols Firing and becoming a PFB+ member. It’s a big ask from us to you, but it also comes with a load of benefits like ad-free browsing (ads stink!), access to our premium room in The Chamber and monthly giveaways.The other thing it does is help stabilize our business into the future. As it turns out, sending folks on the road to cover games and provide 24/7 Pokes coverage like the excellent article you just read costs money. Because of our subscribers, we’ve been able to improve our work and provide the best OSU news and community anywhere online. Help us keep that up.last_img read more

Young Talent Time – d’Arcy Sadler

admin no comments

first_imgThis interview is the third in an eight part series taken during the 2010 X-Blades National Youth Championships held in Caloundra from Wednesday, 15 September to Saturday, 18 September 2010. In this interview we speak with South Australia Heat player d’Arcy Sadler. To view the video please follow the link http://www.austouch.com.au/index.php?id=865 or locate ‘MyTouch TV’ on the Touch Football Australia homepage – www.austouch.com.au last_img

Recent Comments