Tag Archive 上海千花网

German institutions willing to increase risk but feel hindered, survey shows

admin no comments

first_imgIn his welcome speech for his company’s eighth annual risk management conference, Alexander Schindler, board member at Union, said: “We have lived in an age of regulation since 2008, which has killed some return opportunities.”Just over half of the delegates at the conference, when asked in a TED survey, think the 12 months ahead will provide more opportunities than risks.Roughly 5% of respondents classified themselves as “speculative/opportunity orientated” – a box no investor ticked in the 2012 survey.The share of institutions saying they remained “absolutely safety orientated” dropped from 37% to 30%.Thorsten Neumann, managing director at Union, claimed that regulations were “significantly limiting the room for manoeuvring for institutional investors”.All in all, institutions are more pessimistic regarding their own financial situation than in 2012, with none of the respondents believing their situation would “significantly improve” over the next year.In last year’s survey, 7% of respondents ticked this box.In another TED survey at the conference in Mainz, two-thirds of delegates said they did not believe in a recovery of returns after a major interest rate change – which is not expected any time soon.This fear was also mirrored in the Union survey, where many more respondents than in last year’s survey feared they would not generate a minimum return.Union predicted a change in institutional investors’ asset allocation approach, with more looking into scenario-based allocation methods.Both in the survey done together with University Siegen and another TED survey at the conference, almost half of all respondents said this approach would become “very important” or “important” in the near future.Currently, the vast majority of German investors use a return/risk-optimised approach to asset allocation. More than half of German institutional investors surveyed by Union Investment believe that fewer regulatory hurdles would allow them to improve their returns by at least 100 basis points.In Union’s annual risk management survey, only 11% of respondents – compared with 16% in 2012 – said they would be unlikely to improve returns with fewer internal or external restrictions.Approximately 70% of respondents said such restrictions, including regulations, were hindering them, while half said they could outperform their current performance by 100-500bps.This year, Union surveyed 104 German institutional investors, 18% being Pensionskassen or Versorgungswerke, 26% insurers, 13% foundations and 25% banks. The remainder were largely companies and churches.last_img read more

Louisville comes back to top Syracuse, 3-2, in regular season finale

admin no comments

first_imgSyracuse (20-13, 12-8 Atlantic Coast) was defeated by Louisville (24-6, 18-2), 3-2, to close out the regular season Friday at the Women’s Building. SU had a chance to play spoiler, but the Cardinals clinched the conference title, coming from two sets down to rescue the win. This was the second-consecutive five-set match for SU and the fourth of the season.Offensively, Syracuse was led by its two middle blockers, Santita Ebangwese and Amber Witherspoon. Playing without leading attacker Anastasiya Gorelina, the Orange looked inside for offense. Witherspoon tallied 12 kills, while Ebangwese added 10.Even though the Orange came up short, the SU frontline stifled the Cardinals’ attack for much of the afternoon. Witherspoon registered nine blocks, with Ebangwese and Christina Oyawale adding five each.The Orange used a quick 5-0 run to take an 11-7 lead early in the match. The two teams continued to exchange points until the Orange found itself leading, 22-21, late in the first set. Louisville won three-straight points to take a 24-22 lead, but Syracuse saved both set points. In the extended first set, a Witherspoon kill and Louisville attack error gave the Orange the opening set, 27-25. Witherspoon registered four blocks in the opening set, and her presence above the net contributed to Louisville’s nine attack errors.Neither team held more than a two-point lead in the opening half of the second set until a 4-1 Orange run gave it a 19-16 lead. Despite six service errors in the second set, SU held off Louisville thanks to its effective blocking. The Cardinals cut the lead to 21-20, winning four of five points, before Ebangwese registered a critical kill and block alongside Jalissa Trotter to give SU a three-point lead. The Orange wasted two set points, but won the set, 25-23, on a left-handed Trotter kill.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textComing out of the break, Louisville used a 5-1 run to open up an 11-6 lead over the Orange. Louisville maintained the five-point lead for the majority of the thrid set, as the Cardinals improved their efficiency and cut down on attack errors. Trailing 22-17, the Orange won three consecutive points to get within two, but Louisville won three of the final four to take the set, 25-21, on a Melanie McHenry kill.The Cardinals used the momentum from the third set to continue the comeback into the fourth. Louisville scored eight of the opening 10 points of the set, with four kills by Tess Clark. SU rallied to cut the Cardinals lead to 10-8, but Louisville pulled further ahead, ending the set on an 8-3 run to win, 25-15, and level the match, 2-2.Syracuse regained its footing in the final set, going toe-to-toe with the ACC champions. Neither side led by more than two for the opening 18 points of the final set, as the teams found themselves level at nine. With Syracuse up 10-9, the Orange appeared to have taken a two-point lead on a Louisville attack error. However, the Cardinals challenged, the call was overturned, and the match was again level. Louisville went on to win the next four points, taking a 14-10 lead and never looking back. The Cardinals completed the comeback, winning the set, 15-12.Syracuse finishes the regular season 20-13, including an 8-2 home conference record. The Orange now awaits its postseason fate. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on November 24, 2017 at 4:00 pm Contact Anthony: [email protected]last_img read more

€10,000 to be won in Donegal Enterprise Awards

admin no comments

first_imgA total prize fund of €10,000 and a chance to compete in the national finals is up for grabs for Donegal businesses in this year’s Donegal Enterprise Awards, and entries to the competition are now open.The competition is open to all business sectors in Donegal that employ less than 50 full-time staff with awards in eight separate categories this year.Awards will be presented for Best Established Business (over 18 months trading) with a runner-up in that category as well. There will also be a winner and runner-up in the Best Start-Up Award, while awards will also be presented for Best Donegal Export Enterprise, Best Donegal Enterprise Innovation and also for Food Coast and Creative Coast categories.Businesses who enter must have been in receipt of direct Local Enterprise Office supports under one or more of the following interventions: Grant aid; Mentoring Programme; Trading Online Voucher Scheme; Participation on LEO Training Programmes; MicroFinance Ireland Scheme.Previous competitors have insisted that it’s not just the prize fund – but the positive spin-off from being short-listed that has really paid dividends for their businesses – and Head of Enterprise in Donegal, Michael Tunney, says he hopes businesses in the county will get their entries in before the deadline on Monday 11th November.“We have really simplified the process and I would urge businesses in the county to take the opportunity to let people know that they can and do have successful businesses, right here in Donegal. “As a county, our economy is dominated by small and micro-businesses. The contribution of these businesses and these awards can highlight the important role they play in providing employment and contributing to the sustainability of their local communities,” Mr Tunney said.Explaining that the Donegal Business Awards are part of the National Enterprise Awards scheme, Mr Tunney maintained they would celebrate the achievements and recognise the success stories of small business owners.“The Donegal Enterprise Awards celebrate the diversity and strength of the small business community in Donegal and the role they play in our local community.“The awards have been the highlight of the business calendar in Donegal for over 20 years and we’re hoping that businesses operating in the county will have faith in themselves to put their best foot forward to enter the competition”  Mr. Tunney added.To enter, applicants must submit a soft copy of a simple application form and a recent set of financial statements before the closing date of 12pm on Monday 11th November Forms are available to download from www.localenterprise.ie/donegal and completed applications should be e.mailed to [email protected] before 12 noon on Monday 11th November 2019.Hard copies of applications can be delivered to the Local Enterprise Office Donegal, Donegal County Council, Enterprise Fund Business Centre, Ballyraine, Letterkenny by the closing date and time.For more information call the Local Enterprise Office 074-9160735 or visit the Local Enterprise website www.localenterprise.ie/donegal€10,000 to be won in Donegal Enterprise Awards was last modified: October 30th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Govt ‘fully behind’ South African mining

admin no comments

first_img Raphela was speaking on behalf of Mineral Resources Minister Susan Shabangu. “We should not forget that South Africa owes its industrialisation and economic diversification to the mining sector,” he said. “It was mainly on the back of mining that our country built its network of national railways, ports, power utilities, petrochemical industries and pipelines as it delved beneath the earth in search of minerals and metals.” The two-day lekgotla brought together over 1 000 representatives of government, industry and labour to map a way forward on how to improve the global competitiveness of the South African mining industry and its contribution to the country’s economy.Addressing the challenges The shortage of skills and vital infrastructure such as rail, port capacity, water and energy were obstacles to the growth and competitiveness of the industry, Raphela said. A major breakthrough in tackling these challenges was the announcement of a multi-year infrastructural programme by President Jacob Zuma in his 2012 State of the Nation address. As a result, state agencies such as Eskom and Transnet have made project announcements to alleviate the constraints on the industry. “I am convinced that, as the binding constraints on the operational side of the industry ease over the next year or two, South African mining is destined to regain its competitiveness. “We have already seen improvements in respect of the 2011 Fraser Institute mineral competitive index, which ranked South Africa 54 out of 93 countries, a 13 place improvement compared with 2010.” Also planned to contribute to the recovery of the industry is the mineral resources department’s whole scale review of its internal operational processes in order to strengthen capacity and accelerate the pace of addressing challenges. It will include a review of legislation, including the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act and the Mine Health and Safety Act. SAinfo reporter 7 June 2012 The government has pledged its full support to South African mining, and is moving to alleviate the skills and infrastructure constraints facing the industry in order help it to regain its global competitiveness. Speaking at the inaugural mining lekgotla in Midrand, Johannesburg on Tuesday, the Department of Mineral Resources’ acting director-general, Joel Raphela, said: “We should use the democratic space we now enjoy to outline a joint vision of where we want the mining industry to be in the years ahead, building on the promise and techniques of past collaboration.”last_img read more

Bring in ordinance to build Ram temple, Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut asks BJP

admin no comments

last_img

10 months agoLucas Digne enjoying Everton family atmosphere

admin no comments

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Lucas Digne enjoying Everton family atmosphereby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveEverton fullback Lucas Digne admits he enjoys the family atmosphere at the club.Despite a hectic schedule of four games in ten days the French defender can’t wait for the madness to start against Tottenham.“It will be my first time playing on Boxing Day! But I’m very happy to be playing over Christmas” says the full back – seen delivering presents to sick children at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool with other members of the Everton squad.“Christmas is about spending it with your family – and Everton is my family. For me, it’s perfect because you can play football and then after you spend the moment with your family.“My parents and my brother are coming to England this weekend and to stay for the holidays.“I feel very good. I’ve been available to play every game and the manager has given me a lot of confidence.“Since I arrived at the Club, my team-mates have been amazing with me. They’ve helped me with my English and to understand everything. When you feel good off the pitch, you can feel good on the pitch.” last_img read more

Bright Journey Medical Mission Completes 200 Cataract Surgeries

admin no comments

first_img Head of the Department of Ophthalmology at the Kingston Public Hospital (KPH), Dr. Angella Mattis, is reporting that the Bright Journey Medical Mission team has completed almost 200 cataract surgeries in the first week and a half of the mission. Head of the Department of Ophthalmology at the Kingston Public Hospital (KPH), Dr. Angella Mattis, is reporting that the Bright Journey Medical Mission team has completed almost 200 cataract surgeries in the first week and a half of the mission.The 50-member team from China, comprising ophthalmologists, nurses, and technical support staff, which arrived in the island on March 27, is looking to perform surgeries on more than 500 Jamaicans at KPH up to April 27.Speaking at a recent JIS Think Tank, Dr. Mattis said that just over 50 per cent of patients screened have been deemed fit to have the procedure done.“To date, over 600 patients have been screened and approximately 350 have been selected and we will continue to screen and continue to add to our list in the next two and a half weeks,” she said.She explained that for the other persons, who did not qualify for surgery, this was due to co-morbid conditions that were not under control. These include glaucoma, high blood pressure and diabetes.“They have to be fit for surgery before the (procedure) is undertaken; we don’t want other complications happening,” Dr. Mattis noted.“So based on our screenings, so far, where approximately 50 per cent of those screened were qualified, we really have to screen about 1,000 patients to get the 500 that we are targeting,” she told JIS News.Meanwhile, KPH Senior Medical Officer, Dr. Natalie Whylie, is advising persons to come in with their referral letters from family physicians, hospitals or health centres to be screened.“We will assess the letters quickly and, if it is possible, depending on what is happening on the ground, for the patients to be seen that day. If not, we will screen the patients quickly and give them a date. Hopefully, if they meet the criteria for this mission, they can be included,” she said.She pointed out that the Ophthalmology Clinic gets more than 50 referrals daily (outside of the mission) and will have to do an assessment to determine the cases that are urgent and those that can be deferred.The Bright Journey Medical Mission first visited Jamaica in 2015. It is part of a commitment that was made by Chinese President Xi Jinping to CARICOM leaders in 2013 to expand public health cooperation with Caribbean countries. The 50-member team from China, comprising ophthalmologists, nurses, and technical support staff, which arrived in the island on March 27, is looking to perform surgeries on more than 500 Jamaicans at KPH up to April 27. Story Highlights Speaking at a recent JIS Think Tank, Dr. Mattis said that just over 50 per cent of patients screened have been deemed fit to have the procedure done. last_img read more

Piper Perabo Shares More Experiences Of Visiting Syrian Refugees In Greece

admin no comments

last_img

Paramount Resources pipeline leaks 290000 litres of oil and saltwater in Alberta

admin no comments

first_imgCALGARY – The Alberta Energy Regulator is reporting that a pipeline leaked about 100,000 litres of oil and 190,000 litres of salty produced water near Zama City in the far northwest corner of the province.The AER says on its website that Calgary-based Paramount Resources Ltd. reported the leak last week from one of its pipelines about nine kilometres northeast of the community.It says the leak was discovered by employees checking on a low-pressure alarm from the pipeline’s leak detection system.The regulator says the pipeline has been isolated and depressurized and cleanup is underway.It says the leak affected an area about 200 metres by 200 metres but no waterbodies were involved and it appears no wildlife were affected.last_img read more

Crews cleaning up oil spill at Kinder Morgan station north of Kamloops

admin no comments

first_imgDARFIELD, B.C. – Crews using an emergency response trailer and vacuum trucks are working to clean up a crude oil spill at a Kinder Morgan station north of Kamloops, B.C.The provincial Ministry of Environment said a flow metre has leaked about 100 litres of crude oil into the ground at the Darfield station.It said no waterways have been affected, and the spill has been contained within station property.In a statement, Kinder Morgan said it was alerted to an operational disruption through its internal safety system in the early hours of Sunday morning.“The station was quickly isolated and as a precaution, the main Trans Mountain Pipeline has been shut down,” the company said, adding it expected to restart the pipeline Sunday afternoon.The company said air monitoring is ongoing, and it has notified neighbours and other stakeholders.It said the leaked product was a medium crude blend.The spill comes days before a deadline set by Kinder Morgan for its controversial Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project.The company suspended all non-essential construction on the project in April, citing opposition from the B.C. government that put the viability of the pipeline in question.It has set a May 31 deadline for getting assurances it can proceed without delays on the controversial project.Companies in this story: (TSX:KML)last_img read more

Recent Comments