vwoakialyxst

Town centres only choice in Hants

admin No Comments

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

PSBB fails to flatten COVID-19 curve in East Java: Task force

admin No Comments

first_imgWhile other regions have claimed that large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) have helped flatten the COVID-19 infection curve, East Java health authorities say the policy has yet to flatten the curve in the provincial capital of Surabaya.East Java COVID-19 task force curative management head Joni Wahyuhadi said the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases had continued to rise in Surabaya and its neighboring regencies of Sidoarjo and Gresik, despite the imposition of PSBB in the regions since April 28.Ten days after the policy was implemented, Surabaya and its satellite areas recorded that the number of confirmed cases had increased by 53.7 percent from 508 to 781. Surabaya has become the disease epicenter in the province with 592 confirmed cases and 78 fatalities as of Thursday. The fatality rate in the area also remains high as it currently stands above 10 percent of total confirmed cases. The Health Ministry recorded 1,267 confirmed cases and 133 deaths in East Java on Thursday.Read also: Jakarta’s curve flattened? Experts question government’s claim“Our evaluation from the epidemiological approach shows that the contact index and transmission rate have remained high,” Joni told journalists on Thursday evening.He added that the task force believed the policy had failed to flatten the curve due to low public obedience to health protocols, such as maintaining physical distance and wearing face masks. Topics :center_img Joni recommended PSBB be enforced in a stricter manner in the following days.Governor Khofifah Indar Parawansa said earlier that her administration would likely extend the PSBB for another 14 days if the policy had not succeeded in curbing COVID-19 transmission.Read also: Police lock up 171 people for violating curfew during PSBB in Greater SurabayaApart from the increasing cases, health authorities have also discovered new clusters of virus transmission in the area, including in a factory owned by tobacco giant PT HM Sampoerna in Surabaya, where two workers died and 60 others were infected by the virus.The East Java COVID-19 task force has been working to track and test more people in the cluster to prevent further spread.The provincial task force is scrambling to establish emergency hospitals in Greater Surabaya as COVID-19 referral centers are overcrowded. According to data from health authorities, there are 403 beds at COVID-19 referral centers in Surabaya to handle 869 patients who need intensive care. In Sidoarjo, only 160 beds are available for 212 COVID-19 patients; while Gresik has 24 beds for 117 patients. (kuk)last_img read more

Robeco Institutional Asset Management appoints chief executive

admin No Comments

first_imgAt the same time, newly appointed supervisory chairman Bert Bruggink – who once served as chief financial and risk officer at Rabobank, Robeco’s former owner – has also resigned.Both Steyn and Bruggink have taken up new positions at Orix.Steyn succeeded Roderick Munsters – former CIO at the €372bn Dutch civil service pension fund ABP – who left Robeco in September last year and has been appointed chief executive for asset management at the Edmond de Rothschild Group.Van Hassel has more than 30 years’ experience in the financial services industry, mainly in asset and wealth management.Between 2009 and 2013, he served as global chief executive at ING Investment Management, now NN Investment Partners.He also held various executive positions in Europe, Asia and the US at JPMorgan.Jeroen Kremers, chairman of Robeco’s supervisory board, praised Van Hassel’s “deep understanding” of the asset management business and his “truly global outlook”.Robeco Group has €269bn in asset under management, nearly half of which is on behalf of institutional investors. Robeco Institutional Asset Management has appointed Gilbert van Hassel as chief executive and chairman of the management board.From 19 September, he is to succeed Leni Boeren, who will leave the Rotterdam-based company after the handover has been completed and successors have been appointed for her other board positions within Robeco Group.Boeren took over in May, when Japanese owner Orix introduced a new group structure that saw the asset management division become one of five Robeco subsidiaries.As a consequence, three board members, including chief executive David Steyn – appointed in November – left the company.last_img read more

Local conservationist commends governments decision to abstain from voting at IWC

admin No Comments

first_imgLocalNews Local conservationist commends governments decision to abstain from voting at IWC by: – July 21, 2011 Sharing is caring! 10 Views   no discussions Tweet Sharecenter_img Share Share Conservationist, Mr. Atherton Martin. Photo credit: draqroom.comLocal Conservationist Atherton Martin says it is sad that some Caribbean countries continue to follow Japans pro whaling lead at the International Whaling Commission.Dominica has for the past three years abstained from voting at the IWC, as Japan and other pro whaling nations make a case for lifting an existing moratorium to allow them to resume commercial whaling.At this year’s meeting in New Jersey last week, three Caribbean states, ST Kitts and Nevis, Grenada and St Lucia joined Japan in walking out of the meeting.Martin has commended Dominica for taking a position that reflects and compliments its whale watching business.He said other OECS nations should follow Dominica’s lead.“We are still letting Japan divide us on matters that is so crucial. I am happy that Dominica continues to display what we would consider a positive position of abstaining and not even attending the IWC.” he said.Dominica Vibes Newslast_img read more

Bayern Munich announce Manuel Neuer renewal until 2023

admin No Comments

first_img Read Also: Ronaldo talks tough after returning to Juventus training “I feel very comfortable and at home in Bavaria.” Neuer arrived in Munich from Schalke in 2011 and has since gone on to win seven Bundesliga titles, four DFB-Pokals, four German Super Cups, one Champions League, one European Super Cup and one Club World Cup in his 375 appearances. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldLil Nas X’s Hit Song Is Becoming The Longest #1 Song EverCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Playing Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?8 Addictive And Fun Coffee FactsBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesDid You Notice How Natural Simba’s Movements Looked In The Movie? Loading… “Bayern are pleased that Manuel has extended his contract,” said Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. “I didn’t want to make a decision during the coronavirus break,” Neuer himself said. “Nobody knew when and how things with the Bundesliga would continue.Advertisementcenter_img “Working with our goalkeeping coach, Toni Tapalovic, is important for me. Manuel Neuer has renewed his contract at Bayern Munich until 2023. The 34-year-old German has had weeks of negotiations and public disputes with the Bundesliga champions, but Wednesday finally saw his renewal announced by the club.last_img read more

Pochettino plans Kane talks

admin No Comments

first_img “I understand my place but always I have full respect for his decision. It’s not about my opinion. You need to ask him why he picked different players and not Danny. “I have not changed my opinion. For me he is the best English left-back and I don’t change my opinion. “About performance he showed he is the best but after it’s Roy’s opinion and his decision. I don’t need to explain why but it’s clear when you can see the performance from the start of the season Danny has showed, he is one of the best left-backs in England.” Kane is likely to lead the line for Tottenham against bottom club Leicester on Saturday as they look to bounce back from last weekend’s disappointing 3-0 defeat at Manchester United and keep their Champions League qualification hopes alive. Pochettino confirmed that, other than a knee injury for Roberto Soldado, he has a fully-fit squad to choose from when Nigel Pearson’s Foxes visit White Hart Lane. The 21-year-old striker has earned his maiden senior call-up having scored 26 goals for Tottenham so far this season, establishing himself as the first-choice forward at White Hart Lane. Having represented Spurs across four competitions, Kane has already made 42 appearances over the course of the campaign and, with potential participation in the European Under-21 Championships in June, he could still amass well over 50 games before the end of the season. Press Association Mauricio Pochettino is planning discussions with Roy Hodgson to hammer out what is best for Harry Kane after the England manager named him in his squad to face Lithuania and Italy later this month. That leaves Pochettino fearing his top goalscorer could suffer from burn-out and, with England due to train at Tottenham’s training base next Thursday, the Argentinian will seek out Hodgson for a conversation. “Yes, we will speak,” he said. “It is always positive to speak with him and all staff – it is a good chance for us. They train here and it’s a good chance to share a moment, chat, speak a bit, not only (about) Harry Kane but others. “Always we try to find what is best for the player. We need to understand every position but I think we have a very good relationship and after (discussions) we will take a decision. “In the moment I came to England I was manager of Southampton and always our relationship was good and I think he respects me and I have full respect for him.” Pochettino congratulated Kane on his first call-up as one of a trio of Tottenham players, with Kyle Walker and Andros Townsend also involved. But one Spurs man who was not included was Danny Rose who, despite Pochettino claiming he was the best English left-back in the league, was overlooked for Luke Shaw, Kieran Gibbs and Leighton Baines. “Always it is Roy’s decision, it does not surprise me,” he said. last_img read more

Update on the latest in sports:

admin No Comments

first_img Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNFL-CHIEFS-COLQUITTKANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs are releasing two-time Pro Bowl punter Dustin Colquitt.Colquitt’s 15-year career with the Chiefs allowed him to set numerous franchise records, including the most games played and most postseason appearances. Colquitt posted a farewell on Instagram late Monday in which he said that “all things come to an end, sometimes sooner than you hoped, prayed and pleaded for them to.”A person familiar with the team’s decision confirmed it to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Tuesday because it had not been announced.Colquitt stopped short of saying he was retiring. He turns 38 next month.SPORTS-VIRUS OUTBREAK-TRACK AND FIELDTrack athletes can apply for grants Update on the latest in sports: UNDATED (AP) — Athletes in track and field can apply for money from a $500,000 fund to help them get through the coronavirus pandemic.World Athletics and the International Athletics Foundation have launched the fund to help athletes who have lost income because competitions are suspended.World Athletics president Sebastian Coe says the fund will try “to help as many athletes as possible.”It’s unclear when or if the track season can begin. Diamond League meets and the Olympics have been postponed.Coe says the fund was the idea of 1,500-meter world record holder Hicham El Guerrouj. The Moroccan runner will be part of the team examining applications from athletes. April 28, 2020 Associated Press SPORTS-VIRUS OUTBREAK-TEXAS TECHTexas Tech cutting millions from athletic budgetLUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt says the school will cut nearly $7 million from the athletic budget in the upcoming school year, including eliminating performance bonuses for himself and Red Raiders coaches.The cuts are needed because of the economic shutdown caused by the coronavirus pandemic, and Hocutt told A-J Media in Lubbock, Texas that deeper cuts may be needed if college football can’t play a full season.Hocutt did not say the school was cutting any jobs or sports. Most of the cuts will come from reducing administrative and operational expenses. He said eliminating the bonuses for the coaches and himself will save nearly $2 million.,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6last_img read more

On The Beat 11/21/10: William & Mary postgame

admin No Comments

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Beat writers Tony Olivero and Brett LoGiurato analyze Syracuse’s narrow 63-60 over William & Mary on Nov. 21. Commentscenter_img Published on November 20, 2010 at 12:00 pmlast_img

Battle on the Midway pushed back to Sunday due to forecasts of rain

admin No Comments

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on November 6, 2012 at 4:01 pm Contact Ryne: rjgery@syr.edu Due to weather forecasts of rain in San Diego on Friday, the Battle on the Midway will now be played on Sunday at 4 p.m., SU Athletics announced in a press release on Tuesday.No. 9 Syracuse had been slated to take on No. 20 San Diego State on the USS Midway, an aircraft carrier. Weather forecasts for Friday showed a chance of rain during the scheduled game time while there is no chance of rain on Sunday, according to The Weather Channel.The event’s organizers and both schools decided to postpone the game.“We remain committed to this once-in-a-lifetime experience for our student-athletes and our fans,” Syracuse Athletic Director Daryl Gross said. “We are very sorry for the inconvenience this change may have caused our fans. The weather predictions have forced the postponement.”The game will be featured on Fox Sports San Diego and Fox Sports regional networks.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Commentslast_img read more

Vickie Guerrero, former WWE SmackDown manager, makes an AEW debut

admin No Comments

first_imgAlso Read | WWE Hall Of Fame Class Of 2020: List Of Inductees, Live Streaming, And More DetailsVickie Guerrero is still adored by wrestling fans. Vickie Guerrero received a great reaction from the spectators in Garland, Texas. Fellow AEW commentator Justin Roberts tweeted this photo of himself with Vickie from backstage. AEW has been using several guest commentators on Dark, so Vickie Guerrero’s appearance on it could be one such appearance. However, wrestling aficionados believe it would be great if Vickie became a permanent fixture on the show.Also Read | WWE: Randy Orton Fakes His Injury To Take A Hilarious Dig At Rey MysterioVickie Guerrero is known as one of the most fabulous heels in WWE history. Vickie Guerrero made her debut in WWE along with her late husband – the legendary Eddie Guerrero in 2005. However, Vickie became more prominently involved with the company only after his passing. Soon, she rose to become the most successful heel manager.Also Read | WWE NXT: Angel Garza Proposes To Girlfriend After Becoming The NXT Cruiserweight ChampionVickie on catchphrase – Excuse meIn an interview, she recalled how she discovered her catchphrase – Excuse me. During her early days as a heel, Vickie Guerrero was supposed to shoot a promo. The script had been changed so many times that she couldn’t keep track of them all. So when the time came to go according to the script, she froze. All she could say was, “Excuse me.” The crowd in the arena were already booing her ‘heel’ persona, so Vickie kept hurling ‘excuse me’ at them. And so the phrase stuck and became her identity on WWE.Also Read | WWE Throwback: When Jinder Mahal Took On Triple H In WWE’s Special India Event In 2017 LIVE TV Akhil Nambiar It looks like WWE’s loss is All Elite Wrestling’s gain. Former WWE SmackDown general manager Vickie Guerrero made her debut on AEW Dark as a guest commentator. According to network sources, she announced a pre-recorded match and is also scheduled to call matches during the live-broadcast.Also Read | WWE: The Undertaker Has Heartfelt Message For Rival Vickie Guerrero COMMENT Also Read | Goldberg To Get Candid With Stone Cold On Broken Skull Sessions After TLCVickie Guerrero quit WWE in 2014 to pursue higher studies in healthcare. She also started her podcast. She also works with the Salvation Army to help the underprivileged.  SUBSCRIBE TO UScenter_img First Published: 12th December, 2019 15:38 IST Written By WATCH US LIVE Last Updated: 12th December, 2019 15:38 IST Vickie Guerrero, Former WWE SmackDown Manager, Makes An AEW Debut Former WWE SmackDown general manager Vickie Guerrero made her debut on the AEW as a guest commentator. According to sources, she announced pre-recorded matches. FOLLOW USlast_img read more